Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Getting back to DELIGHTFUL

Since I think the last few posts have been focused more on things I either don't have or took maybe a more negative turn than I wanted, I want to get back on track with the "delightful" portion of this blog title! And I want to thank everyone for their kind responses to the last few posts as well, you all are the cat's pajamas and I am so thankful my life is filled with people like you. You make me feel like I'm not alone and that my feelings are valid. Thank you.

Because I've hit a bit of a writer's block today, I took to Pinterest to find some blogging prompts. Today, I thought I'd write about my most favorite childhood memory. I had a wonderful childhood. I have parents who are still together, a family that I adore, and so many ridiculous and funny memories, it was hard to pick one. I was probably around this age, when our story begins. :)


Funnily enough, I don't actually REMEMBER this particular story, but it is top on my list of favorites. I learned how to read at a very early age, which I think is where my voracious nature for books comes from. It was my maternal grandmother who taught me how to read at the age of 2. While in Edwardsville, for a visit of some kind I'm assuming, as we lived in Florida until I was 3, I went with my paternal grandparents to a dinner with some friends of theirs. Reminder, that at this time, I'm probably not quite 3 or so. I think it was Rusty's (man, I miss that place) and I was looking at the menu. While looking at the menu, I asked one of my grandparents what a certain item was and their friend said, astonished, "she can already read?" And my grandmother said, "her grandmother taught her." Already learning my quick comedic timing, I chimed in and said "Not this grandmother, My other grandmother!" It's a favorite story of mine and one that always makes me chuckle. 

I wanted to get back into the fun nature that I intended this blog to be, as the last few posts took a turn for the "woe is me," and that's not me, yo! Well, it is, but that's not all I am. Happy Wednesday, all!





No comments:

Post a Comment