Monday, November 3, 2014

Insert Witty Title Here.

I cannot tell you how many people ask me on a near daily basis, "Well, what kind of man are you looking for?" like that is the sole purpose of my day; hunting down and finding me a man! Look, men are great. I love men! I've grown up surrounded by strong, honest, hard working men and think I can spot a good one when I see one (though 22 year old Tara might laugh in my face at that one). And while I joke about being whisked away to London by a charming Brit (and by joke, I mean PRAY), I'll tell you just exactly what it is I'm looking for, in case you happen to have a spare man laying around. 

Intelligence is number one. Hands down, no questions asked. He doesn't need to have graduated from Harvard, but a good working understanding of current events is always very sexy. I also tend to be a very sarcastic person. My sense of humor tends to run a bit on the drier side, and banter has always been a crutch for me. If I can go back and forth with you and you can throw it back, you are a damn delight (this not only goes for men, but everyone in my life. It's how I communicate). I've actually had men call me a bitch before, because my teasing was apparently too much for them to handle. Buh bye, you ball-less wonder. (Sorry, is that rude?). 

It basically just comes down to this: Don't be a dick. Have a good relationship with your family. Respect women. Don't wear newsboy caps. Don't wear socks with sandals. Believe in something, REALLY believe in something. Be funny. Go toe to toe with me, don't let the fight go out of you. Be a good tipper. Be kind. Read. When you wear a nice sweater and jeans, don't wear sneakers with it (I mean, Jesus Howard Christ). Don't use your menu as a coaster. For the love of God, don't let a 110 pound white girl school you in who Troy Polamalu is (I revoke your man card on that one). Love kids. Be interested (in anything; art, life, science, literature, music, sports, etc.). Have a sense of wanderlust. Above all, just think I'm a pretty damn great catch and you are one lucky son of a bitch. Because I am and you will be. 

                                                               (What I wear on dates)

No comments:

Post a Comment