Thursday, May 29, 2014

50 Years of Greatness


Today is this lovely lady's 50th birthday. My beautiful Mama. Yesterday, at a small family and friends gathering, I was able to pull off what I'd been working on since the end of March! It was no easy feat, and at times, I came close to tears, but the project came together and I feel safe in saying it was a smashing success! For those unfamiliar, I had come across an idea on Pinterest for a 60th birthday memory project. I glanced at it and thought it seemed very endearing and wonderful, so with Mom's upcoming 50th, I figured I'd tackle it. I had an overwhelming response and there were even friends that I had gone to high school and college with, that have never met my mother, who were anxious to participate as they loved the idea so much. The idea was to have people from all times of her life send along their wishes and a memory of her, so that, by the end, we had 50 memories for 50 years (I actually was able to get 51, one to grow on!) Each memory went into it's own AirMail envelope and then was sealed until the big day!

Happy Birthday,  my sweet, sweet Mama. I love you more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment