Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ladyfriend Wednesday: Maya Rudolph

Happy Wednesday, all! You've made it more than halfway through the week AND there's a three day weekend ahead. BOOZE O'CLOCK. What? :)

It's time to get back into Ladyfriend Wednesday (my favorite!). This week, after her stellar variety show, has got to be Maya Rudolph. She may just be my favorite human. I've made no secret of my crazy love of strong, fierce and funny women. And Maya may take the cake. I just really dig women who are unafraid to go there and whose focus isn't on external beauty but internal.

                                                       Credit: (Pinterest)
It could just be me (Bueller? Bueller?), but there is something so soothing about her that I will watch damn near anything she does. And by "near anything," I mean....ANYTHING. SNL sketches, Bridesmaids, and I think we can all agree that her "Bronx Beat" sketch on SNL with Amy Poehler should be a REAL. DAMN. SHOW.  A comedic powerhouse who I wish would just read me bedtime stories every night as Oprah.

                                                          Credit: (Pinterest)

Do yourself a favor. Go rewatch Bridesmaids and allow your heart to flutter with happiness, because if there is anything better on this Earth than the end of that movie, I don't want to know what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment