Thursday, May 1, 2014

15 Things About Me

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. Things have been a bit hectic and I needed a bit of a break. While I'll stick close to the format I posted a few days ago, my friend Mandi had a "15 Things About Me" on her blog that I thought was such a great idea. Bear with me, I'm not the most interesting person in the world. :)

1. I'm an incredibly voracious reader. I never make it 24 hours after finishing one book before starting another. I think this probably stems from the fact that I learned how to read at a very early age and as an only child, and a bit of a loner, books were a way for me to escape. They still are. Honestly, most days, I would rather be with a book and a glass of wine than people. I'm trying to work on that, I am :)

2. I talk about my future sons and daughters, but there's a part of me that only wants to have boys. Look, girls can be catty and vicious and I don't think I have the heart to raise a teenage girl.

3. I've never been fishing a day in my life, and I never plan to. It's just not something that gets me going.

4. I was born on a Friday the 13th (yeah, yeah. I've heard the jokes, Chuckles McGee.)

5. There's a part of me that's always wanted to be a dancer on Broadway. I don't know why. But every time I saw a show at the Fox or in NY, I was just mesmerized by the unbelievable ways in which people can use their bodies. (This is something I've never once admitted to a single living person).

6. There is only one stamp on my passport, and that is sad as hell. I want to fill that sucker up and travel the world! I don't think we're meant to stay in one place forever, there's such a huge world out there to see. I need to get started. And maybe move to London for awhile. WHO KNOWS?

7. When I tell you I could quote the movie Grease verbatim, I'm not lying.

8. People that sleep with socks on weird me out. It could be -76 degrees and the dead of winter, and I am barefoot. I only wear socks if I ABSOLUTELY have to.

9. I've been told on more than one occasion that I have an old soul, and that is the best compliment anyone could ever give me.

10. I'm convinced that when I do get married, it will be forever. Because I don't tolerate bullshit. I won't apologize for my high standards and I know there's someone out there who can meet them. It's happening one time, and one time only :)

11. I don't wear much, if any, makeup. I've never been that girl and I never will be.

12. My mama and I were both born in the same hospital, in Boynton Beach, FL.

13. I would eat fried shrimp for every damn meal if I could.

14. At an STL Cardinals game years ago, I was hit in the stomach by a pitch. I still have that ball somewhere and it just goes to show my undying love for a team I've loved my whole life. :)

15. I toyed between Western Illinois and Eastern Illinois University when I was accepted to both. At the time I think I more wanted to go to to WIU because I felt better about the campus and only chose EIU because of the proximity to home. 10 years later, EIU was the best decision I've ever made in my life and where I've met some of my best friends in the world.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Sometimes I wonder where you got your 'reading' genes as neither your mama (me) or your papa read ---- more than a few sentences at a time.
    2. Totally disagree with this answer, daughters are fabulous.
    3. Went fishing once, caught a turtle. Cant sit through a 30 min sitcom, Im gonna sit and wait for a fish to swim by.....
    4. Lucky 13!
    5. If I wasnt a dancer, I never would have meet your father. And expression through dance is so amazing, and being on stage, and all the costumes and fanfare. Those were some of the best yrs of my life. But years of dance = UGLY feet, arthritis, crackly joints and ...... grace, presence, strength, stamina and perseverance. Dancers are true athletes.
    6. Not sad, just hasn't happened yet.
    7. Yes Im well away of your love for the movie.
    8. Agreed
    9. From 1 old soul to another :)
    10. Almost 30 yrs later, Im as happy as I was year 1. And I wish that for you everyday!
    11. I enjoy some glitter and glam.... on my fingernails. bahahaha
    12. Bethesda Memorial
    13. Creeps me out when you order shrimp at a mexican restaurant, that is like ordering a burritto at a sushi place. Order what they are know for.
    14. I remember that day, you were such a trooper!
    15. You started your search out of state if you remember, but EIU ended up being a perfect fit.
    And I think you are the most interesting person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some friends and some beer, you'd like fishing, I promise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAKE ME WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO NEXT. So many capital letters. I just feel strongly about it!

      Delete
  3. Come with Willms and Im its seriously one of our favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have to do that the next time you guys go. MEOW!

      Delete