Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bookworm Thursday: My Ultimate Reading List

What a perfect snuggly day! Sometimes we need a good rainy day every once in a while. Perfect for drinking cider, reading, writing and Netflix.

As the voracious reader I am, I get a lot of people asking me what books I recommend. Because there's about 5,765 that I am in love with, I figure I'd try and narrow it down to my ultimate top five (with some bonus ones thrown in).

First on my list is the classic of all classics and my absolute favorite, Little Women. Written by Louisa May Alcott, Little Women tells the story of the March sisters growing up in New England during the Civil War.

                                                         Credit: (Pinterest)

Next on my list is a more recent book, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. A British author, Moyes deals with the issues of euthanasia/right to die by framing it as a sweet and endearing story of a man and woman brought together by unfortunate circumstances. If you don't cry, well, you've got a heart of stone. Sorry boutcha.

                                                         Credit: (Pinterest)

Any list that doesn't include Tina Fey's Bossypants is really no list at all, I say.

                                                            Credit: (Pinterest)

JD Salinger's Franny and Zooey is such a love of mine that I actually carry it around in my purse. Two interrelated stories about a brother and sister, they were first published in book form in the early '60s and have been winning readers' hearts ever since.

                                                                Credit: (Pinterest)

And last on my list, but certainly never least, is Katharine Hepburn's 1991 autobiography, Me:Stories of My Life. One of the very few books I always come back to. The ultimate female powerhouse.

                                                               Credit: (Pinterest)

Like I said above, this list could go on for days and days. A few more that I think will ultimately make it onto this list and I want to run out and buy copies for everyone: Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham, anything by Caitlin Moran, Amy Poehler's new upcoming book, Yes Please, Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)'s The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm, Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, Charlene Bauer's Frances and Bernard, Amor Towles' Rules of Civility and Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter.

Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment