Monday, October 20, 2014

Kindness and Honesty

Today's post is brought to you by the letter 'K.' ;) Sorry for the lapse in posting. I don't have an excuse. Just laziness, I suppose.

I've always considered myself a fairly nice person. Kind and with a tendency to enjoy making people laugh. I think that still rings true (at least I hope it does. JUST LET ME HAVE THIS). And within the last few years, I've learned how to let kindness and honesty co-exist. Not to say I'm not an honest person, but being honest with others about what I really feel. I always would temper my own feelings for the benefit of others, which does absolutely no good. How do you succeed and grow as a person by letting others walk all over you? Sure, it does increase the chance of people getting upset with you and people not agreeing with you; however, I'm doing myself and incredible dissatisfaction.

                                                           Credit: (Pinterest)

I won't apologize for being honest with others and most importantly, myself. What's the damn point? Will I apologize for perhaps being a bit more blunt than I need to be? Sure. Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I know who and what is important to me and that's all I need. Not every person you come across in life is supposed to stay. Hitting 30 in 11 months has allowed me to look at my life as a whole and decide, "Ok. What needs to change? Who isn't serving your life in a positive way?" And I've done what I needed to do about it. Sure, being jobless at 29, when most people my age are established in their careers and have families, is SCARY AS SHIT. But, you know what? It's not a competition. I'm not in a race with everyone. I have absolute faith that everything will work out as it should and the life I want for myself is up ahead (just with a few more obstacles than I figured).

                                                          Credit: (Pinterest)

Also, the above is something I need tattooed on my forehead. Channel your inner DARE student and just say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment