Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lady Friend Thursday: Lena Dunham

Happy Thursday, muffins! Hope you're all staying dry. Today, we're going to start getting back slowly into what I made this blog for. While there will still be personal posts, I also want to get back to the root of why I do this (celebrating women, talking about books, dream destinations, etc). In celebration of the release of her book, Not That Kind Of Girl, today's spotlight is on Lena Dunham.


At 28 years old, Lena Dunham has had a career that most people three times her age envy. Currently in its 4th season, her HBO show, Girls, has created a worldwide phenomenon. Described as a "Sex and the City for millenials," it has everyone deciding if they're a Jessa, Hannah, Marnie, or Shoshanna. (I think I tend to be a bit of a mix of Marnie and Shoshanna, personally). 



She celebrates and champions women in a way that I admire so much. Not all women agree with each other, or agree with the ways other women live their lives (I know I've been there), but we all are in this together. It's a sisterhood, that no man on earth understands. To me, Lena makes it okay to be happy with the body I have and not let anyone tear me down because of it. 


Celebrate your lady friends today and every day! And I would be remiss if I didn't wish one of my favorite lady friends, Abigail LouEllen Imogene Kerkhoff, a very happy 31st birthday today! May you have all of the bedazzled denim jumpsuits in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment