Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday, Monday

It would be ridiculous if I didn't start this post off with so much praise for Tina and Amy. Last night's Golden Globes monologue was ON POINT. And it wasn't just Tina and Amy who stole the night. Last night's awards show was full of such wonderful, feminist moments that made me proud to own both of those X chromosomes (BOOM. Science). I very much look forward to a day where movie roles, books, life events, etc. are not denoted by "first female to do so....," "female director," and so on. But just with, "hey, this  person achieved this. How great is that?" I'm sure that's incredibly naive, but I believe it's coming.

                                             (The best moment of the 2015 Golden Globes)

Anyways, that digital purge I spoke about last week? Perhaps the best thing I ever did. In the last month alone, over 230 "friends" have been deleted from Facebook, my Instagram has been dwindled down a bit, contacts deleted from my phone. Man. I should have done this a LONG time ago. It has been such a relief, and a weight off of my shoulders to not have to sift through status upon status of people I only met once, people I've never met, people I haven't talked to since 1998. I now have my Facebook set purely for the people I want and like (if I'm going to be honest), as well as those who I like to creep on? What? I didn't say that.

Hope you all are staying warm and cozy on this January day. Obviously, there was no real point to this particular post, just me jabbering on. Back tomorrow with my usual wit and charm! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment