Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Weekly Book Roundup

Hope everyone is staying nice and toasty! I thought, as we're starting a new year, that I would introduce a couple of new posts. As the voracious reader I am, I think it comes as no great shock that one of those posts would be book related. As time goes on, I will come up with a much more clever name for it (suggestions? Bueller? Bueller?). Until then, I'll just stick with the Weekly Book Roundup. I'm nothing if not straight to the point.

Currently, I'm on a classics binge. Reading or re-reading my way through some of the great literature of our time. Right now, it's Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger, two interrelated short stories about brother and sister in 1950's New York. Prior to that it was Little Women and Pride and Prejudice. I still have a stack to make my way through, including the other 5 works of Jane Austen.


In terms of more recent works of literature, a list of books that I've really enjoyed and am recommending to everyone I've ever met, and some I haven't: How To Build A Girl by Caitlin Moran, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, the list goes on and on. I could talk about books all day, errrrry day. 

What are you currently reading? Do you keep a stack of books on your bedside table like me? Or decorate your living room with them? No? Just me? Cool. 

Stay warm, drink some wine, and hunker down, you beautiful tropical fish! (Please tell me everyone knows these Parks and Recreation references, otherwise I'm sure I seem insane). 

No comments:

Post a Comment