Thursday, January 15, 2015

Saying Yes More is THE BEST.

Happy Thursday, you beauties! Hope you're enjoying this sunshine we're having and these nearly tropical temps for mid-January! One of my big goals for 2015 was to say yes AND no more. Let me explain. I want to be better about saying no to the things that I don't really want to do or people I don't want to hang out with, what have you. I inevitably will end up saying yes and than having a horrible time. So, being able to say "No thanks, I'm just not feeling it today" has been something I'm really working on trying to rectify, and so far it's working wonders!

As for saying yes more, I mean that in the sense of unpredictability and spontaneity. Take yesterday for example. It was a regular Wednesday, ran some errands, had my KMA meeting, than headed home for some reading and TV. While scrolling through Facebook, I saw a few friends of mine were up at Global Brew to meet David Backes, captain of the St. Louis Blues (LGB!!!). He was there to promote his work with animal rescue, an incredibly worthwhile cause. I commented on a friend's status, stating how jealous I was, since I thought this was a closed event. Nope, open to the public! I was up there in 10 minutes flat. Kids, this is what happens when you say yes more:



I'll start at the beginning. Once I got there and found my friends, who had tickets for the event to get an autographed photo with Backes, we got in line to meet him. Mind you, I didn't buy a ticket, as I thought it was a closed event. Cut to, 15 minutes later, sneaking in this picture, and so many other photobombs. Just, call on your inner ninja skills! 



Another attendee at the event was Brad Thompson, who played for the St. Louis Cardinals (otherwise known as the best team in baseball, #cardinalnation) from 2005-2009 as a pitcher. I actually couldn't place him for some reason, but what a nice guy! St. Louis athletics breeds amazingly kind people (I'm sure their parents also may have a small role in it, but let's focus on St. Louis ;) ). 


(Brad Thompson!) 

Believe me, there were SO many pictures taken last night, and I think there are more to come. If you're interested, check out my Facebook page for more of last night's awesomeness, or make sure to follow me on Instagram at @tahuntley

I want to go into my 30's with more of an idea of what I want and don't want, who I want to surround myself with and who I don't. Last night was definitely one of the first steps on that path, and I'm anxious to see what's ahead! 



No comments:

Post a Comment