Saturday, September 13, 2014

Another Year Older....

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. The older you get, I know your birthday isn't supposed to really be as big of a deal, but for me, I've always loved it. And I hope I never stop loving it. It brings me such happiness and I almost feel 7 years old again. It's nice to feel that way when bills and work and life sometimes make you feel shitty.

Today was wonderful. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, I spent the day with my mama, shopping for books, getting Jimmy John's and a Pumpkin Spice Latte and enjoying Edwardsville's new annual International Food Festival in the library park. A low key day for entering the last year of my 20's.

  

Yesterday was the real celebration, spending the day at the Grafton wineries with some of my favorite women. It was nice to relax and just be. Not worry about anything at all. I wish I could say I'm going into 29 with some hard won wisdom. And 28 taught me a lot. All I do know is that I'm heading into the last year of my 20's surrounded with a lot of love and laughter and that's all we can really ask for, isn't it?

No funny sign off this time around, just a heartfelt thank you to all who took time out of their day to send wishes via text, Facebook, phone calls, Snapchat, or other forms of social media. You are all the cat's pajamas and I'm lucky my life is filled with people like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment