Tuesday, September 2, 2014

BeYOUtiful

Two days in a row, I'm back! :) While cruising the Internet today (that's a thing kids say, right?), I came across a quote that I fell in love with.


How wonderful is that? How thought provoking. It makes you think just how harshly you are judged on a daily basis, even if you're not aware of it. I'll admit, I'm guilty of thinking "What a terrible coat/sweater/feather boa" that person is wearing. But, to them it may hold some sentimental significance. To them, it might be the piece of clothing that makes them feel badass and ready to take on the world. Who am I to say that your clothing is terrible? Who am I to judge you for what makes you feel great about yourself? Unless you're in a chain mail dress. Than dude, I can't get on board. That train has left the station.

I've always struggled with being a person whose weight runs on the smaller side. But, I've never once felt judged by the people that matter, the people whose opinions I really give a damn about. And I've never once had a man tell me anything negative. Because, that shit would get him kicked to the damn curb. I've learned to curb those thoughts that I have when I walk by someone whose outfit isn't of my personal taste and instead choose to focus on something I like about them (those shoes are fantastic, your eyes are beautiful, I love your smile). So, the next time you're ready to judge someone for their outer appearance, turn that negative thought into something positive. You'll be glad you did :)

Also, I love what you're wearing right now. Get it, girl. (Or, dude). GET IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment