Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Best Month of the Year!

I know, I know. Let's forget how terrible I am at this and move on, alright? It's been an interesting month, getting my body adjusted to my new medication and allowing myself to realize it's okay to ask for help if you need it. In light of Robin Williams' tragic death earlier last month, I'm becoming more of an advocate for better mental healthcare and taking care of yourself. Anxiety is something I live with, deal with, but it's not who I am. And it's not who you are either. You are a loved and beautiful human being with so much to offer the world. Remember that.

                                                   Credit: (Pinterest)

Repeat the above words to yourself whenever you're feeling like there's not much good around, because I promise you there is. Just put your big kid pants on and look for it.

Anywho, it's now September! Can you believe it? And, in my humble opinion, the best month of the year. Though, I am a bit partial :) It's the last year of my 20's and I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that. I'm not scared of it, it's just surreal. Which I guess facing a new decade always is. Doesn't it feel like we should all still be 16? I mean, lots of things about your late 20's are GREAT: drinking wine in sweatpants, eating what you want when you want it, not having to go out to clubs anymore (not that I ever did, but you're picking up what I'm putting down), becoming more comfortable and confident in your own skin. It's just an odd thing to face. Good, but odd.

I'll try to be so much better about this now that I'm feeling more myself again. Hoping all of you are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend and a great start to a new month!

No comments:

Post a Comment