Tuesday, March 11, 2014

All Days End In Wine

                                                    (Instagram)

A few years ago, you would never have gotten me to believe that I would be someone that came home to a glass of wine. It was just something I drank minimally, at dinners. And even then, only a sip or two. Now, when I come home to a near empty bottle, you would think the worst has happened. I make actual "NOOOOOO, SERIOUSLY" sounds. It's ridiculous. Because after days like today, when you listened to your gut and stayed true to yourself, it's nice to come home and bask in that happiness.

As I said yesterday, people pleasing tends to be my go to default mechanism. It doesn't matter if it makes me feel like shit, if it makes someone else happy, then yes! Look, Freud could have a field day with me, I know. And I'm working on it. Baby steps! And today, I took that first baby step! I said goodbye to something that wasn't good for me anymore. After nearly pulling my hair out all day and causing an unnecessary amount of anxiety, how did it end? Exactly how deep down, I knew it would. Absolutely wonderfully. Why do I put these pressures on myself? Why do I cause all of these ridiculous scenarios? I know, in my heart of hearts, people respect you more if you just say, "Look, fool. I'm out." Obviously, in a more proper and succinct way, but you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Today was a big step for me. And right now, that's all I'm asking of myself. To take those small steps. You don't have to do these grand, tremendous gestures. You just have to do what's right for you. And drink that glass of wine. :)

3 comments: