Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Travel Tuesday: Paris? Mais Oui!

                                                         (Credit: Pinterest)

This picture fills me with such immense happiness, I cannot even begin to tell you. If I could, I would go wander the streets of Paris for days, weeks, months on end. I know that I, as well as many other people, tend to romanticize this most lovely of European cities, but how can you not? Just imagining a day spent drinking wine, eating bread and cheese while wandering around the Champs-Elysees, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, is enough to make my heart beat out of it's wanderlusting chest. (Not a word, but I just made it one. DEAL.)

                                                      (Credit: Pinterest)

In the wise words of that most wonderful of human beings, Audrey, Paris is always a good idea. I cannot imagine I won't visit it one day. I cannot imagine that I won't walk its streets, tour its museums, eat its breads/cheeses/pastries. It's beckoning to me in a way that I almost cannot ignore. "Tara, come to me. I've got cheap wine and the Mona Lisa." While I've talked to many people that have told me Paris isn't all it's cracked up to be, I choose not to believe them. And maybe, one day when I do visit there, I'll find that it's not what I expected it to be. Though, that's incredibly unlikely. Isn't it odd that a place you've never been already has your heart? It makes me think of that quote from Carson McCullers that is one of my absolute favorites:

  " We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange. As often is not, we are homesick most for the places we have never known."

Is that not just one of the most beautiful quotes you've ever heard in your life? There is something so poetic and beautiful about it that it stops me in my tracks every time I hear it.

Is Paris on your list of places to go? If it's not, we're no longer friends. Just kidding :) But seriously, you need to sort out your priorities. Happy almost Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment