Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" kind of Tuesday...

Thank you to all of the kind and wonderful responses to yesterday's post. It really makes me happy to know I'm not alone in ever having feeling that way. I'll try to make today's post a bit more cheerful. 

Is anyone else getting super tired of Facebook? I love it as a way to stay in touch with friends and family, and to be a total lurker when I want to be, but it's starting to get a bit monotonous. And I've found in the last few weeks, that I've gotten pretty heavily offended. Look, I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but when you're putting certain INCREDIBLY graphic images on your feed or claiming you've been hacked and then just laughing it off, it's a bit ridiculous. Especially when you're quite a bit older than my generation (okay, perhaps I am a bit of a Penelope Prude, DEAL). Now, when I feel myself wanting to be a creeper on social media, I try to pick up a book instead or turn to Netflix. In fact, I'll only be alerting my new posts on my blog's Facebook page now, not on my personal page anymore. So, please like it if you haven't already!

Finally started Parenthood yesterday and what a treasure it already is. (Fun fact: I had originally typed that without italicizing it. No worries, NOT YET A MOTHER. To my knowledge). In addition to the "classic books to read" list I just made in my phone, I also put a "Netflix Bingewatch" edition. So, my cool factor has raised pretty exponentially. 

Tonight is the series finale of Parks and Recreation, and I don't think I'm emotionally prepared. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Pawnee, Indiana and all of it's eccentricities yet! SIGH. The wine will be out in full force.



Also, I don't know how many of you watch Downton Abbey, but Lady Edith is on Instagram! Or, more accurately, Laura Carmichael, the actress who portrays her is. I am currently delighted.

Until tomorrow, beauties! Stay warm and cozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment