Tuesday, February 3, 2015

30 Day Challenge - Day 1

So sorry for the lapse in posting, beauties. Sometimes the post ideas just won't come. However, I did a little digging around the web, and found a 30 day blog challenge. Hopefully this will get my booty in gear to write everyday and you can learn some more about this crazy lady, -- which lets face it, is what everyone clamors for. Right? Bueller? Bueller?


Some of these will be a bit difficult (especially the Bible verses), so I may tweak as I go on. Anywho, let's get on with it. Today's challenge is "Favorite Sounds." 

I think outside of the obvious, like rainfall and baby laughs, my absolute favorite sound is that of genuinely funny people. The jokes and stories that come from a live well lived. Not people who rely on terrible humor to get by in a conversation, but people who genuinely find humor even in the most mundane situations. While I do love a good dirty joke, I've never been a fan of people who can't hold their own in any given conversation, and have to turn to innuendo to make them feel like they're contributing. Don't get me wrong, innuendo is delightful at times, and I use it here and there. But, sometimes, you just want to have a genuine human conversation (as opposed to a wolf conversation? I don't know), and the humor that comes from every day life can often be the best way to do that.

Belly laughs, from a humor that can only come with close friends, is high on my list. Intelligent, beautiful conversations with like minded people, or even those who don't share your views but start a lively, educated debate are also in my top 10. This is such a random, throw it at the wall and see if it sticks post, but sometimes that's what you need. :) 

PS-- I hope you all heard the wonderful news about Harper Lee? My English major heart has nearly exploded!! A sequel to a beloved classic is in the works and I don't know how I'm supposed to wait until July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment