Monday, February 16, 2015

Current Netflix Binges

Finally! I know there are a lot of people who hate the snow and all the delays and obstacles it can present, but there's something so peaceful about the first big snowfall of the year. It also helps when you don't have anywhere to be. To anyone that had to get out in this today, please be safe! Watch out for the idiots on the road who suddenly forget all semblance of how to drive and take your time (I AM YOUR MOTHER).

For those of us staying nice and cozy inside, I've compiled a new list of Netflix binges. It's been awhile since my last compilation and I have come across some great finds since then!

First, I didn't realize Netflix had Lifetime movies (you learn something new every day). I'm not usually a big watcher, but I came across Magic Beyond Words: The JK Rowling Story,  and William & Kate, a movie clearly about William Henry Harrison and Kate Winslet (or not, but how great would that be? Someone get on that time traveling BFF story IMMEDIATELY). While obviously not wonders of cinematic greatness, they're still perfect for snowy days at home. As a big fan of both Kate Middleton's hair and the adventures of wizards, these were right up my alley; and chances are, if you're reading this blog, they might be right up yours as well.



I am ashamed to admit how long it took me to FINALLY finish the next show on the list, Friday Night Lights. This show has permanently landed on my all time favorite shows list (TEXAS FOREVER). Well acted, well written and well-Connie Britton'ed (which is a thing in my world), this is a show that you'll find yourself continually going back to, if not for the greatness that is Coach and Tami, than for Tim Riggins. I wasn't sure I'd like a show depicting life in a football crazed small Texas town, but crazier things have happened (like that whole Landry/Tyra Season 2 storyline). 


Finally, because if I'm not watching at least one British/Australian show at a time than I'm not really living, is Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. YOU GUYS. This is THE BEST. I can't believe I just found out about it. The show tells the story of a glamorous lady detective in 1920's Australia and just for the costumes alone, you need to watch. More importantly, it depicts a strong, brazen woman who doesn't need to explain herself to anyone at a time when women were either maids, wives or mothers. Phryne Fisher is one of the first feminists, which is another reason I'm so drawn to the show. I legitimately want to live inside of this television show, it's opulence is that breath taking. 


Any recommendations for what to watch next, beauties? I'm currently making my way through the aforementioned Miss Fisher, and also am trying to get into Hart of Dixie, the Rachel Bilson show about life in Bluebell, Alabama. It's......charming? I'm only 2 episodes in, so it's bound to pick up from here. I'd love to hear what shows you're currently hooked on! 

Stay warm, dry and cozy this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment