Monday, April 7, 2014

Batter Up!

                                                (Credit: Pinterest)
Happy Opening Day, you wonderful people! Hopefully you're a Cardinals fan, like myself and are so excited and hyped up on the energy of today, that it has been hard for you to sit still! If you're not, GET OUT OF HERE. Just kidding....maybe.

I've never been lucky enough to attend Opening Day myself, but I cannot tell you what joy days like today bring me. Baseball is back, the first hints of summer are right around the corner and everything seems to slow down a bit. There is nothing that beats an afternoon/evening at the ball park. Especially Busch Stadium. The million dollar beers leave little to be desired, but man....the smell of hot dogs, the people, the coming together for "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," IT IS HEAVEN. The one thing about Busch Stadium that has always made me happy is that whenever the Cardinals are winning or a fantastic play just happened, it doesn't matter if you know each other or not, everyone high fives each other and cheers their team on together. I'm not saying that doesn't happen at every other ballpark, but in St. Louis, it's something special.

                                                (Me in downtown STL, 2012)

I think there's a reason St. Louis is called the best baseball town in America. I kid you not, when I was in New York this past fall and told people where I was from, people actually responded with "That's the best baseball town in America!" And that's coming from New Yorkers, people. The Yankees! The only team the Cardinals are second to in World Series wins. It warmed my heart and filled me with pride to be from such a great sports city.

If you got a chance to be in STL today, let it be known that I am supremely jealous of you. Even on game days that aren't already filled to the hilt with excitement, being downtown for a game is an experience of itself. So glad it is finally baseball season once again!


Play ball! I hope wherever you are, you just started singing the song from A League Of Their Own, because otherwise, WHO ARE YOU?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET CREDIT IN TONIGHT'S BLOG POST, MARY JO.

      Delete