Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Boston Strong

Normally, today's post would be devoted to Travel Tuesdays, and next Tuesday we will definitely jump back in. But today, I wanted to recognize the absolute inspiration that is the city of Boston. A year after one of the most devastating and heart-breaking events, the city is stronger than ever. There is a wonderful article I came across via a friend's Facebook page that I had to share. Runner's World presents a powerful and beautiful look at what has come of such tragedy. A year ago, I did my first 5k, not only to prove to myself that I could, but to do it for those who couldn't run anymore. And while I didn't run the entire way, I finished with a sense of pride so deep that it's made me consider actually running a whole one. The events of the marathon could have broken the city, but they didn't. Not only did the city come together in such a proud and inspiring way, they also went on to claim the 2013 World Series title. So today, my thoughts are with the city of Boston as they inspire the rest of the nation and the world with their endless fortitude and grace. Today, we are all Boston Strong.

                                                Credit: (Pinterest)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is amazing the bonds, friendships, and genuine kindness that happens when least expected. People are truly amazing and unite in times of stress and sadness. Boston will stand strong. Humanity will unite and happy tears will be shed when runners cross the finish line........................ AND here it is in writing, you admitting you would consider running the whole thing. Well I know someone who will help you should you ever decide to go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete