Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ladyfriend Wednesdays: Dame Maggie Smith

Happy Wednesday, you beautiful unicorns! Hope everyone is enjoying the day, finally it feels like spring might be putting up a fight and sticking around. One can only hope. This up and down weather is ridiculous, even for the Midwest! Since its Wednesday, time for another Ladyfriends installment! And this week, it's all about Dame Maggie Smith. I could write a dissertation on my love of this beautiful British bombshell, but I'll keep it relegated to just a few paragraphs. It shall be difficult. ;)

                                                           Credit: (Pinterest)

My friends and I often discuss our dream dinner parties (What? You don't?) and Maggie Smith always makes the top of that list. I just want to pour some whiskey and have her tell me all about life. I feel like her wisdom is unparalleled. From Hook to The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood to Harry Potter, and everything in between, she handles herself with the grace and dignity befitting a dame. Seriously, a REAL DAME. Why don't we all live in Britain? I'm sure I'm romanticizing quite a bit, but come on. YOU CAN BE KNIGHTED. But, my Britain obsession is for another day. :)

Her current role, as the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey may be my absolute favorite of hers, and I think, probably the closest character to her in real life. Or at least, I hope. I can only hope, 50 years down the line, that I'm as delightful as she is. I just really dig strong women, alright? Bold, brash, fiesty women who own the hell out of who they are. And Maggie Smith epitomizes that for me. She has such a strength of character, that I think is sorely missing in actresses today. And I hope everyone realizes, I'll never stop saying "That sounds most unsuitable" if I'm not into something. So, prepare yourself for that.

                                               (Credit: Pinterest)

And if you get the chance, please watch her terrific 60 Minutes interview from last year. So wonderful. Such an inspiration. My love for her knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment