Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Travel Tuesdays: Italy

Happy Tuesday, you beautiful unicorns! Today is obviously another installment of Travel Tuesdays, but before we get into that- was anyone else as disappointed as I was with last night's series finale of How I Met Your Mother? While I had a feeling that would be what happened, I still can't help but think that it was a huge cop out and negated the entire prior 9 seasons of the show. I was let down and thought there were so many other ways this show could have gone. But, I suppose you win some, you lose some.

Anyways, on to more positive and happy topics! Like, Italy! Italy has long been at the top of my list for travel destinations, and not just any one particular city or region. I love it all. I want to spend months in the Italian countryside, drinking wine in Tuscany, eating pasta in Florence, visiting ruins in Rome.

                                                Credit: (Pinterest)

I think another reason why I feel so drawn to the Italian life, is that my family is from there. I know I look incredibly Italian, right? I even have Italian language books currently sitting on my end tables to teach myself the language. Though I didn't realize it when I bought it, one is written ENTIRELY in Italian. So, that's been fun. I've always wanted to learn another language and to at least be able to carry myself through a visit without looking terribly American, so I've worked on it here and there. I'm obviously no great shakes, but if you need someone to tell you they love you, I'm your girl!

                                                    Credit: (Pinterest)
Ever since Roman Holiday, the Trevi Fountain has been high on my list of Italian marvels that I must see in my life. How can you not? It is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and so beautiful, I could cry. I'm coming for you, Italy. One of these days, I AM COMING FOR YOU.

Until then,


No comments:

Post a Comment