Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Travel Tuesdays: Amsterdam

Happy Tuesday, you beautiful unicorns. 2 days down, 3 to go, you can doooo it! Obviously, it's Tuesday, which means....TRAVEL TUESDAYS! Who's excited? All of us? Great. That's what I thought.

                                                         Credit: (Pinterest)

Today, we're looking at Amsterdam, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Amsterdam has all of the qualities of small city living while maintaining a big city feel: culture, nightlife, restaurants, etc. Of the travel blogs I read, Amsterdam has quickly popped up as one of the preeminent European destinations. And due to its extensive canal system, there is scarcely any road traffic. Quite a plus :)

                                               Credit: (Pinterest)

The city maintains an intimate feel while being home to some of the best museums in the world. The Anne Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum, the Royal Palace, are all incredible places of interest and top on anyone's list. Amsterdam is also home to one of the most beautiful public libraries in the world, and as a person who views libraries as incredibly enchanting places, my heart beats a little bit faster. One of the days, I will make it to Amsterdam. Ride a bike through its gardens, take a boat down its canals, but until then, I'll have to settle myself with beautiful photographs and tulips to brighten up my house.

                                                         Credit: (Pinterest)

PS: I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that the photo taken of me in St. Louis was taken by Abigail Luella Imogene Kerkhoff, a preeminent photographer and lady cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment